The health and safety of our patients and employees is always our primary concern. Please take the following precautions at all times to decrease your risk of contracting or spreading an infectious disease:
· Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
· Avoid close contact with people who are sick. Be mindful of those people who have respiratory infections and have fever, cough and shortness of breath.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
· When you cough or sneeze, use a tissue to cover your nose and mouth and dispose of the tissue in the trash.
· Stay home when you are sick and isolate yourself from others living in your home.
· Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces with household disinfectant.
Volunteer Home Care, utilizing guidance from the Tennessee Department of Health (TDOH), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO), is implementing specific policies and procedures in response to Coronavirus (COVID-19).
These policies include:
-Developing a COVID-19 specific policy, including patient and employee specific screening for illness that includes potential for exposure.
-Providing patient and caregiver specific education on Coronavirus (COVID-19), the symptoms to report, and emergency measures to take.
-Following all applicable infection control standards to decrease the risk of contracting or spreading infectious diseases to include staff bag technique, hand hygiene, and the cleaning and disinfecting of work surfaces in patient homes.
-Reviewing, updating and implementing our Agency Emergency Preparedness Plan to include information specific to Coronavirus (COVID-19). Our Individual Patient Emergency Preparedness Planning includes training for pandemic diseases and education on how to control the transmission of infections.
If you are a patient or caregiver and need additional information, please contact your local branch office. You will find all of our locations and their direct phone numbers at https://www.volunteerhomecare.com/locations