top of page

Could Home Care Help?

Have you or a loved one experienced:

  • A new diagnosis or exacerbation?

  • New medication or change in medication?

  • Recent hospitalization or ER visit?

  • A recent fall or difficulty with ambulation?

  • A need for speech or occupational therapy?

  • Skin breakdown requiring wound care or dressing changes?

If you’re caring for an aging parent or other family members with health care challenges, you’re not alone. It can be overwhelming for the entire family – especially if you don’t know where to turn for answers and support. Call one of our local offices to speak with a referral nurse. We are available to answer any questions you may have about home health criteria and whether your loved one qualifies.

Who is eligible to receive home care?

If under the Medicare benefit, you may be eligible to receive home health care if:

  • Your doctor prescribes home health care for you.

  • You need either skilled nursing care or therapy (physical and/or, occupational, and/or speech therapy) on an intermittent basis.

  • Your condition limits your ability to leave home, rendering you “homebound.”

Medicare requirements for homebound is considered requiring the aid of a supportive device, use of special transportation, or assistance of another to leave home. There must exist a normal inability to leave home, and leaving home requires a considerable and taxing effort.

Non-medical absences from home are acceptable as long as the absence is “infrequent and short in duration”. Some examples include attending a religious service, a trip to the barber, or a special family event.

Home health care allows you to manage your care at home. Our team works with your physician to develop a personalized plan that addresses your health care needs and helps you meet your goals. We can help you regain your prior level of function, maintain your independence, and improve your overall quality of life. Call our office today or check out our services page for more detailed information on how home care can help.



bottom of page